CO2-neutral Power-to-X has, as a new technology, a great potential in the field of climate-neutral mobility and in the context of sector coupling and the expansion of renewable electricity production.
At the moment there is a growing number of diverse projects, ideas, research and players in Switzerland, but there is no platform to set joint goals, to exchange information and to use synergies. SPIN, the Swiss Power-to-X Collaborative Innovation Network (SPIN) was founded on May 18, 2021 to fill this gap.
SPIN’s mission is to promote the exchange among the players – from research, industry, politics, administration and civil society – and to facilitate the achievement of suitable framework conditions for Power-to-X.
SPIN’s overall purpose is to accelerate 100% renewable energy supply in Switzerland and globally and to achieve at least net zero greenhouse gas emissions (especially CO2) by 2050.
SPIN’s mission is:
- To establish Power-to-X as key technologies to implement climate neutral and renewable solutions, in particular renewable solid, liquid and gaseous fuels, chemical products, sustainable storage solutions and sector coupling. In our understanding the term “power” refers to any form of energy carrier from renewable sources
- To improve the conditions for carbon capture based technologies (storage & utilization)
- To optimize the cost, efficiency and effectiveness of Power-to-X technologies
- To enable, accelerate and establish commercialization of Power-to-X products through innovation
- To develop and promote appropriate national and international frameworks for power-to-X technologies, including regulatory frameworks
- To promote the exchange of experience between power-to-X stakeholders from industry, science and politics in Switzerland and internationally and to enable a common direction of goals
- To represent the association’s members and the association’s goals with a common voice externally and internationally
Interested individuals, companies, foundations, associations, research institutions and other public institutions and corporations are invited to join.
Annual member fees for companies that are not members of Swissmem vary between 350 CHF and 7500 CHF, depending on the size of the company or institution. Preferential conditions available for member companies of Swissmem, mainly for relevant sectors, i.e. New Energy Systems, Transmission and Distribution, Combustion Engines. These membership fees vary between 200 CHF and 2000 CHF.
For detailed information and to receive an offer, please, send us a message.