That was the central question at the Swissmem Industry Day in Lausanne, which our two Co-Managing Directors Roger Sonderegger and Peter Metzinger had the pleasure of attending.
The answer in keywords, summarised by MacGPT:
- Promoting research and development in the field of climate-neutral technologies.
- Creating incentives for companies to switch to sustainable energy sources
- Investment in renewable energies and energy storage
- Increasing efficiency in energy production and use
- Expansion of the infrastructure for renewable energies
- Cooperation between business, politics and science to develop and implement innovative solutions.
Through these measures, a secure and climate-neutral energy supply can be achieved.
Speaker Matthias Rebellius, Member of the Managing Board of Siemens AG and CEO Smart Infrastructure Siemens, emphasised the importance of networking technologies in the energy sector to achieve a climate-neutral future and the importance of sector coupling. Siemens is also focusing on the development of “digital twins” to create transparency in the grid and increase energy efficiency. Artificial intelligence is becoming increasingly important to overcome the complexity of the challenges. Rebellius also emphasises the importance of openness to technology and a functioning interplay between business, society and politics.
Power-to-X was one of the most frequently mentioned terms during the day.
Read more here at Swissmem (in German).